Sunday, 30 October 2011

Final Coat

My final coat. I am really pleased but i wish i had put in some inside pockets as i do not think my outside pockets are actually useable as they aren't safe. Also i think that i could have removed the back seam so i have learnt that it is so important that i consider the whole garment and think about it as 360 degrees. i also think i should have made my collar bigger as it would have covered the zip better and been more of a statement. But this can be moved into other garments so i think it has been a good research stage.

Saturday, 29 October 2011

Friday, 28 October 2011

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Toile of Collar

I decided to change the collar of my toile. As i felt i hadnt really considered the fastening enough. and i am pleased with this hidden zip and flap over lapel!

My Fabric

It finally arrived. So the pressure is off, at least for a little bit.

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Saturday, 22 October 2011

Toile of my Pocket

Few changes to pocket. Need to make it smaller and remove the seam to make it more sleek and simple.

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

New Project - Extended Research Practices

For this project we have to design and make 2 outfits one in the actual fabrics and one just in calico. I have decided to look at artichokes and electricity/static. The first thing i have to make is a coat and that needs to be handed in on the 3rd of november.

Sunday, 16 October 2011

Thursday, 6 October 2011

Aquilano e Rimondi


i went to an amazing science museum in paris and it has really inspired me so i definitely want to explore the route of energy and static.

Raun Larose

yarn bombing

i want to do this to my garden!

Wednesday, 5 October 2011