Sunday 7 February 2010

Holly Fulton

This collection is by Holly Fulton and this is an interview i found about her that i found very interesting.

Designer name: Holly Fulton

Origin:
Edinburgh

Career highlight: “Alber Elbaz telling me I was wearing the biggest necklace he'd ever seen.”

Design background: Holly studied at Edinburgh College of Art and The Royal College of Art .

What are your design signatures? “Heavy embellishment, plastic and big jewels.”

How would you describe the Holly Fulton woman? “Anyone who likes what I do and good etiquette.”

Name three things that are inspiring you for autumn/winter 2010:“Louis Barillet, pythons and telephones.”

What encapsulates London fashion for you?
“Macculloch & Wallis - the home of the lightweight concealed zip - is a bit of a benchmark for me. But the sheer loveliness of Liberty reminds me of expeditions as a teenager to look at 'proper' designer clothes. I remember how my excitement mounted on seeing the black and white façade; I think that might have influenced my love of monochrome.”

We are about to enter a new decade. What do you hope this will mean for your brand?
“I hope it signals that my brand has some longevity. We've made it this far so hopefully we can keep going.”

How does London influence your designs?
“It makes my designs happier and more intense as that’s how I feel in London. The hedonistic mix of people, Ladurée and Claridge’s bar all make me euphoric and I think that shows!”


This spring summer collection is very art deco and almost aztec and tribal but also has a feeling of the sixties. I love the use of monochrome then but it is used with a splash of colour like yellow or orange that is so bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment