Wednesday 30 March 2011

Application of Design Evaluation

I started this project feeling positive as I was pleased with my group but as the project when on I felt it was almost bad we got on so well as it didn’t seem we were actually getting anywhere. I felt no one could meet deadlines but it didn’t seem to effect me as I kept to the deadlines and it has just meant I have had more time to prepare my portfolio and get my research and design development up to scratch.

I felt the presentation went well and was very happy to talk about my range. I though we worked together well as a team as we are all confident and found it easy to talk about the collection. This is important when talking to a buyer as being separate does not work when working in a team. I was happy with the presentation layout and thought the look-book worked well although sue was right when she said we could have done with our fabrics being bigger and maybe on the look-book, therefore I have increased the size of the fabrics on my illustrations.

I am pleased with my range as it was a bit of a challenge as I feel I am a more of a casualwear designer but I was pleased with my outcome and it shows my versatility which is great for interview as when designing in a team you don’t always get to design what you want. I did find I had really push my designing style and go further into more statement design but I feel more confident about designing and feel I have learnt so much from

I found my portfolio really exciting to put together as I really enjoyed picking my favourite pages and putting them together. I feel my layout is strong and I think I really considered the brand with keeping it simple and letting the range show through.

I feel this project was a really learning curve and wish I had shown more leadership as I felt if I had been more confident within the group the ranges would have fitted together a lot more. I think I have learnt to think more about layout and considering design development pages so I can design more interesting collections. I have learnt how to work in a team, compromise and feel I have learnt a lot more about how it will be in industry. This project has changed the way I work for the better and I feel confident with my range and how it fits with everyone else’s ranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment